Thursday 13 October 2011

Day 86 - Cutest Outfit

I am loving this weather and the super fun clothes that I get to wear. Today's ensemble will be called, Wildberry Skittle. I wore my powder blue lacey tights, tall black boots with silver buckles, magenta broom skirt, lavender cami, and a blue cardigan. I was working the IV out of Roy G. Biv. To make things better, Marvin surprised me at work. He was finished with his classes and heading to work. We talked for a minute and then I walked with him out of the store, we may or may not have been holding hands. When I got back, all the girls were giving me the business. "Chaitra, I see you blushing!" All I could do was laugh and head upstairs. I know I'm too old to be this giddy but he is super sweet, I like him.

After work, I cleaned up my room and got ready for my nightly, television, computer, letter writing, and reading routine. Around 9:00, Marvin called asked me if I wanted to come over and watch a movie. That sounded like more fun than what I was about to do, so I got ready and picked him up at the train station. He was thinking about going to Riverdale to see his friend, Craig and Craig's son, Anthony. I guess that Anthony is leaving for the Air Force next week. I offered to join him, but Anthony was sleeping, so he will have to go another time. Instead of watching a movie, he set up his record player and we listened to Harry Belafonte. Apparently there is a lot more to him than the Day-O song, he is a folk singer and Broadway actor. I feel so ignorant some times. All of his records were great, throw in a little Sam Cooke, Nina Simone and Mahalia Jackson, I fell down a soul music tunnel. I drove myself home after a little while, life is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment