Tuesday 11 October 2011

Day 85 - Return of the Admiral

After watching 90 minutes of Dancing with the Stars on Hulu, I was running a little late in getting ready for work. Luckily the weather was nice and I busted out the Admiral. I made it to work in 5 minutes flat. Once there, I did my best to avoid Caitlyn (she is so dull, I can't take it). Then I did my best to stretch out the work so that I wouldn't be caught standing around. This job is so stupid, just keep reminding myself to stay the course. When I got home, I made spaghetti with leftover spinach mixed into the sauce. I watched Tim Allen's new show, the parallels to Home Improvement are cute. Now, I'm watching the Results show of Dancing with the Stars. I am looking forward to scrap booking and working on my application essay for Drexel University, I've decided on their archival certification program, it is ranked #4 in U.S. News and World Reports. The next application deadline is February 1.

I almost forgot, when I go to work this morning, Mary said that someone from the DuSable Museum came into the bookstore looking for me. Mary is a little old lady who works as a cashier in the bookstore. Every time she climbs up the stairs, she grunts and I am a little concerned. She is sweet and she told me that DuSable wanted to offer me a job as a docent. When I called, I found it was just another way to volunteer. Darn it Mary, you got me all geeked up for nothing! Honestly, it wasn't that serious and I see that they really need knowledgeable people to be docents, but they should also look for some money to offer people some kind of compensation. Who can afford to spend all of that time learning the ins and outs of the exhibits, give tours all through the week, and still support him or herself. As soon as my schedule is set, I'll see if I have any time, but I can't make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment