Saturday 1 October 2011

Day 75 - Back by Popular Demand

Work was easy today because Trent was the only manager on duty. I'm pretty sure that he would let anything short of fire, flood or blood slide. I got a text message at 3:00 from Lauren that said, your BFF, Natay wants to know when you are coming home. Do I detect a little resentment? I hope not. Natay is her little sister, and I pick and choose when I want to hang out with them. That little girl better remember where her bread is buttered. At the same time, I like talking to her, she can be funny when she is not being shy.

I remember how my mom would be so good with kids, she especially liked the precocious and curious children. The crazy part is that she had no tolerance for bad behavior and would scold any child in her vicinity who was not acting properly. I used to ask her why she thought kids flocked to her when she was mean to them. She said she didn't know, but adults were the same way. I think that it boils down to kids loving attention, and if they behaved she could bring herself to their level in the form of playing pretend, coloring or making jokes, she was a big kid herself.

I think that kids like me for the most part, I just haven't mastered the "not letting them run all over me" part. I talked to Natay for a little bit and then Lauren had to take her home. I walked to the grocery store with plans to get ingridients for clam chowder, but I couldn't find any reasonably priced chicken broth, so I settled on some ground beef and pretzel rolls for some homemade hamburgers. My meal was delicious, and Lauren went to play tennis, so I had the house to myself again. He's just not that into you, was on so I would call it a good night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment