Monday 19 September 2011

Day 63 - Pursuit of a Mirror Ball

Season 13 of Dancing with the Stars has returned and brought so much joy to my heart! This season's contestants are very diverse, and I am looking forward to seeing what they are going to bring. I used to talk to my friends and the volunteers at Civic Center Library about every episode, luckily I have stayed in touch and will be communicating via email my impressions of the upcoming episodes. Lauren has never watched the show, which would explain why she chose to run her mouth through two of the numbers. I kept glancing over her shoulder at the screen, but she wasn't picking up what I was putting down. Ah, that is what Tuesday's show is for.

I think that Lauren and I had a breakthrough last night. She was telling me all about her friendships and her habit of befriending people that need "help" and the way that people have taken advantage of her in the past. So many of her stories involve someone trying to trick her, sabotage her or not giving her as much as she thinks she deserves based on what she has given to them. At the same time, she talks about how she would never bring a man around her single friends and she is wondering how long it will take Ola to get over her, since she broke his heart. I'm confused because how can you have such a high opinion of yourself and allow yourself to be abused at the same time? I can't call it. Today, she is fixated on finding another job because her supervisor is driving her crazy and she might interview at Johnson Publishing Company, the same place I am interviewing at on Thursday. She thinks it would be fun if we worked together and lived together....no it would not. If that happened, I would move out for sure. I'm glad that she likes me. However, it is unfortunate that she doesn't know me very well. I'm the glacier, like Kevin James in Hitch, and that is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment