Saturday 27 August 2011

Day 40 - Ms. Doolittle is doing a lot

I woke up earlier than usual this morning to feed Simba and Misty, and take Simba for a walk. I had to be at work by 8:45, and I was almost late trying to steer my bike through the adolescent baseball team gathering
behind our building. I was in a good mood so it didn't really matter. The general manager was supervising the store today so I made sure to stay busy. After work I came home and put my resolve to the test. It has been 40 days of traffic jam between my thoughts and my actions. Clearly, I can't just think it and do it. I needed a creative and consistent way to attack these goals. The three major tasks are: to cook more, participate in more archival projects, and find an archives mentor. In this pursuit I have written down every recipe that I want to try and every repository that I want to contact, on separate pieces of paper. Every morning, I will pick a recipe and a repository and I will cook something and call somebody. I will keep track of the outcomes and see what kind of progress I make. I feel like the 40 day mark, the absence of Lauren, and the highs and lows that I experienced on Thursday and Friday, and that back to school, a.k.a. fresh start mentality that comes with September is working for me. If I can blog everyday, I can work on my career and my personal goals everyday too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment