Sunday 21 August 2011

Day 34 - Air and Water Show

I've been having terrible dreams about someone destroying my iPhone. I think that this is a sign of my growing dependency on it. During breakfast, Lauren invited me to the Air and Water Show with her and her "little sister", Natay. Natay is an 8 year old girl that lives in our neighborhood that Lauren mentors about twice a month. I've met her before and she was really shy. Today, she let her true self shine through. She likes Selena Gomez, painting her finger nails, and Dunkin Donuts. We made it to the North Avenue Beach and found some space to sit down and watch the last 30 minutes of the show. It was mostly airplanes flying in formations and others super dangerous maneuvers like flying backwards and upside down.

From there the little girl decided that she wanted to go home, but when we got to her house, her mother wasn't home. We decided to take her to her mother at the church. This involved a scenic tour of the South Shore community. The "church" was someone's basement, and Natay's mother wanted to introduce us to her pastor. We went down these steep steps and there was a small pulpit and about 14 chairs lined up for the congregation. Although we couldn't stay they fixed us plates of food and we went on our merry way. The food was delicious, but I wonder what was so distinct about their message that they had to set up shop in a house.

When we got home we relaxed for awhile and then we went to the movies to the see, "The Help" I cried a little bit, but overall I really enjoyed it. Since we were early to the movie theater we got some drinks and an appetizer in the V.I.P. lounge. Remember when I told you about the theater with the assigned seats and the premium tickets? That's where we were at. The lounge was over priced but it had a nice view of downtown from the windows. Lastly, we had to watch the latest episode of True Blood. It is now a quarter after one in the morning and I have to be at work at 7:45 tomorrow. Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment