Friday 29 July 2011

Day 11 - Maiden Voyage

Today was the Admiral's maiden voyage. I biked 10 miles from Hyde Park to Northwestern University's Law School. Lauren's job was having a summer fiesta and I was invited. They had all kinds of Mexican food in a buffet, plus margaritas and Coronas (alcohol at work, why not?) They played a trivia game and gave out kindles for prizes, not a bad working environment. After that I walked to the movie theater to check out Crazy, Stupid, Love...it was so GOOD. It will join the ranks of The Notebook and Dan in Real Life. I guess Friday is movie day in the city. The bike ride home was a little less strenuous, but I was definitely grateful to be home to eat and sleep. The verdict on biking into the city is, it is doable but I can't do it when my appearance matters. 10 miles one way, even with the breeze from the lake, transformed me into a sweaty mess. I will definitely use the Admiral more often for short trips in my neighborhood. All in all a good day.

1 comment:

HopePow said...

Saw the "admiral" very cute!!!! So glad you found new toy. Enjoy your future journeys with the admiral :)

Post a Comment