Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 30 - Tres Reinas y un Rey

I woke up early this morning and walked to the grocery store. Among other random items including a container of rosemary and fresh baked bread, I found a ham sandwich on an onion bagel. Onion bagels are my new favorite. How come no one ever told me about these before? The work day was so-so, but I did follow up with Rachna afterwards. We, including Lauren decided to go to Edwardo's for pizza at 9:00. The conversation was boring at first but then we got into a nice rhythm. Lauren is a very analytical and straightforward person with an endless supply of ex-boyfriend stories and career advice. Rachna is very analytical and smart too, she just happens to be 100x more expressive and audacious than me or Lauren. How do I fit in? I feel like I am the white paint that makes the black turn grey and the red turn pink. I'm too much of thinker to co-sign with the strong opinions that they have on certain topics. Our server's name was Rey and he was a super cutie. We made so many offensive comments about him and asked him questions with all kinds of sexual innuendo. He kept grinning and playing along so I am assuming that he wasn't offended. I love how Lauren and Rachna are older and no longer bashful, they see men, jobs, clothes, anything that they want and they flirt, connive, save, ask until they get it. I have so much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment