Sunday 24 July 2011

Day 6 - Sleep is Cheap

I always thought my dad was crazy for sleeping his life away, I know he must be spending two thirds of his life, asleep. When I crticize him, he says that sleep is the only thing you can do for free. While that is not entirely accurate, when one is trying to conserve money and resources, idle time often leads to a peaceful slumber. I had a nice breakfast with the Lauren and Ola. Then I watched more Projet Runway and True Grit. I took a good nap, and then a nice walk to the Hyde Park Produce shop. I spent a few hours scrapbooking and listening to old playlists. I talked to Christian, and he gave me a large dose of tough love. Apparently I have to treat this situation like a war, and I have to be ruthless and strong (in my socializing and job seeking) in order to make it out alive. I came out of my room in time for True Blood, I would say it was a full day if not entirely eventful. "He can only hold her" by Amy Winehouse is in rotation, I think there may be something to this "Forever 27 Club", she joins Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix...I hope they are all in a better place.

2 comments:

ReekaP said...

Geez Chai...next you'll be talking about what you despise more than flies.

Chaitra Powell said...

I'm not that far gone...

Post a Comment