Friday 22 July 2011

Day 4 - Hermione Weasly

Today, it rained. At first I was going to spend the day inside, then it stopped raining so I decided to go to the movies. The stop for the theater is the same as the one for the "Museum Campus". This is a huge complex that includes the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and Soldier Field. I walked around the campus, and mentally made plans to go back to each museum at some point. The walkways are perfectly manicured, there are views of Lake Michigan around every corner, and many concession stands. A very nice setting for a family outing. Next, I set out to find the theater, that took awhile but I made it in time for...Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2! I recently read all the books, and then watched all the movies, so I was pretty excited to see the final chapter. It was amazing. The man sitting next to me cried on several occasions. I didn't cry but I clapped and cheered more than once! One odd thing about the theatre is that there was a VIP section that composed the best seats in the place (you had to pay extra for them) and I had to pick my seat when I bought my ticket. Assigned seats at a movie theatre seems a little extreme to me.

Afterwards I literally hopped on to a train. The ticket machine was broken, so I got a free ride. However this was not the train I had taken to get out there and didn't stop where I expected it to stop. The train was full of Cubs fans, and it sounded like they were headed to Indiana. Needless to say, I was a little nervous. Luckily, this South Shore Express train stopped, 2 stops later and I was able to walk to my place. It wasn't as humid as yesterday, but I was definitely grateful for the shower and pajamas that I had waiting for me at home,.

No comments:

Post a Comment